Tank control unit for hydrogen applications
We have developed the "Hydrogen Storage Control Unit" (HSCU) specifically for commercial vehicle applications. It monitors and controls the refueling process at hydrogen filling stations. Hydrogen is a promising – but also challenging – fuel for sustainable mobility solutions. Our new series production control unit makes a significant contribution to the safety and efficiency of hydrogen-powered vehicles.
Refuel, but safely.
The tank control unit or "Hydrogen Storage Control Unit" is part of the hydrogen tank system and ensures a controlled transfer of hydrogen – from the hydrogen filling station to the installed hydrogen tank storage and on to the combustion engine or fuel cell system. With its monitoring function, the HSCU also guarantees safe hydrogen storage in the vehicle in compliance with legal requirements. Another secondary function of the HSCU is the calculation of the hydrogen SOC ("state of charge").
At a glance - The HSCU by Schaeffler Engineering
- Developed for heavy- and light-duty vehicles
- Can be flexibly integrated into a wide range of tank systems from 350 bar to 700 bar
- Suitable for operation of fuel cells or hydrogen combustion engines
- Compatible with application-specific sensors and actuators
- Temperature sensors
- Pressure sensors
- Hydrogen valves
- Hydrogen sensors
- Support of existing and future filling station infrastructure
- Tank pressure regulation of the liquid hydrogen storage tank
- Hydrogen gas concentration monitoring/warning
- Monitoring of the refueling process and communication with the filling station
- Monitoring of critical tank parameters and reaction to limit values
- Communication with the engine or fuel cell control system
- Information of the driver about the system status and range
- Compliance with safety requirements according to ISO 26262 and IEC 61508
- Fulfillment of cybersecurity requirements according to ISO/SAE 21434 and UN regulations