Development of a powerful yet efficient vehicle needs the perfect hardware. Schaeffler Engineering is the right partner for the development of innovative solutions –beginning with just an idea right until a complex control unit.
Hardware concepts and development for the mobility for tomorrow
The electronics development can comprise of analog, digital, and program-controlled circuits along with analog or digital signal processing. The newly emerging systems are realized using modern and most importantly, effective Microcontrollers.
This is how we create the foundation for individual mobility in the future: with hardware solutions for the control systems of various vehicle parts, from the complex engine system to the control of individual vehicle components. Thanks to our years of experience and the high quality standards by which Schaeffler Engineering operates, customers receive state-of-the-art products that meet the highest requirements and work efficiently and reliably. Of course, our hardware specialists are always in close contact with the software developers, to enable even more target-oriented work right from the start.
Our hardware development portfolio
Von der Fahrzeugkomponente bis zur Elektronik – Schaeffler Engineering bietet Hardware-Lösungen, die Sie auf die Straße bringen.
- analog and digital circuits
- power electronics
- wireless data communication
- programmable logic
- involvement of microcontrollers and digital signal processors
- circuit simulation
- thermal simulation and dissipation
- evaluation of signal integrity
- field simulation and EMC simulation
Layout: Development and construction
- components placement
- impedance-controlled rooting
- thermal dissipation of power components
- layout service
- support of the mechanical construction
- implementation of technologies such as MicroVia, StarFlex, etc.
- implementation of linear algorithms, e.g. in the form of PID controllers and FIR or IIR filters using VHDL or Verilog
- integration of soft IP cores (processors, digital filters, CAN, etc.)
- integration of models using MATLAB®, Simulink®, TargetLink®
EMC-optimized development and consultation
- EMC analysis and measurements in our own laboratory
- interference suppression of assemblies and devices up to systems
- development of efficient shield concepts
- simulation-supported EMC optimization
- consultation for optimization of circuit parts and components
- electromangetic interference suppression of vehicles
Production: Technology and development
- production-oriented planning and development
- assurance of reproducibility
- support during sample and series production
- re-engineering, e. g. of control units
Support of series production
- on-site production support
- end of line programming
- product return analysis and assessment
Customer specific hardware development from one unit up
Customized electronical solutions
We ensure that individual components function perfectly – individually and in the system as a whole. With intelligent electronics that work quickly, securely and reliably.
We also offer comprehensive solutions, from the concept to the product ready for series production, and we support our customers during the final production of the relevant electronics components.
Mass production ready hardware
In electronics development, we have one focus right from the start: the subsequent implementation.
Since, of what use is a smart concept if it can't be implemented in production? Our developers work close to production and combine innovation, the newest technology, and international standards with feasibility.
As a specialist in electronics development with decades of experience, we take on a great variety of assignments.
Best performance on the cutting edge
We work in accordance with the highest technology and quality standards, with an experienced team and the latest tools.
- Circuit design/layout:
- PADS PowerPCB
- FlowCAD Cadence SPB/ OrCAD
- PSpice circuit simulator
- EMC tests:
- HF generator and amplifier
- burst generator
- div. test receiver
- spectrum analyzer
- ESD generator
- BCI (Build current injection)
- Signal analyzer:
- digital storage oscilloscopes
- Logic analyzer
- Performance power supply including load
- SystemOnChip development (SoC)
- ISE Design Suite
- ModelSIM Xilinx Edition
- Generic standards EMC
- EMC directives
- ECE directives
- ECE R10
- ECE R100 (E-Mobility)
- CE lable
- e/E lable
- RED directives
- OEM company standards
- Bus systems
- automotive Ethernet (Broad-R Reach Ethernet)
- PCI express
- Digital signal processing
- Analog signal processing
- SystemOnChip development (SoC)
- development in VHDL
- Power electronics
- Output stages
- Control of BLDC motors
- Converter / inverter
- Cable assembly
- Creation prototypical wiring harnesses